3. No purchase necessary. To enter, you must comply with the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules during the Contest Period and register online at www.thebear.fm (the “Website”) starting June 1st, 2012 at 8:00am Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) to May June 15th, 2012 at 8:00am Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (the “Registration Period”). Complete the electronic entry form (the “Entry Form”) by filling out all mandatory fields and upload a picture of yourself. Follow the instructions to confirm your eligibility, confirm that you have read and agreed to comply with the Contest Rules, and submit your Entry Form.
4. Entrants must comply with the following conditions, otherwise the Contest Organizers reserve the right to cancel their entry and/or disqualify an entrant from participating in the Contest:
a) There is a limit of one (1) entry per person;
b) Maximum of six (6) pictures per contestant;
c) Pictures entered must feature only the Contest participant
d) If submitting a picture on someone else’s behalf, that person’s name must be entered into the nickname field and the submitter’s name as the name it was entered under
e) The submitted picture(s) must be of the Contest participant only;
f) Picture(s) must not contain any graphic nudity
Submitted pictures will be screened by the Contest Organizers and be posed on the Website throughout the Contest Period where they can be viewed by the general public.
a) one (1) cash prize of $1,000 (once winner is chosen Astral Media Radio will issue a cheque)
b) a professional photo shoot from Sean Sisk Photography and make up from Corey J. Stone
a) the cheque will take five to ten business days to process – The BEAR’s Promotions Department will contact the winner once the cheque has arrived from Head Office
b) minimum two (2) hour photo shoot
c) if you are more than half an hour late for the shoot it will be cancelled
d) if you have to change the day and time of the photo shoot that has been confirmed we need at least 48 hours notice
e) three (3) to five (5) – 8x10 digital files from the photo shoot (of the photographer’s choice) finished and ready for printing (all rights reserved)
f) photo shoot location to be chosen by Sean Sisk Photography and 106.9 The BEAR
g) additional photos will be available from on-line gallery with an additional 20% off coupon
h) make-up will be provided by Corey J. Stone – lashes will not be provided
i) all models will be required to sign a model release
j) clothing provided by model
8. From June 15th, 2012 at 8:01am Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) to June 29th, 2012 at 8:00am Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (The “Voting Period”), listeners will be invited to visit the Website and vote on the participants’ pictures submitted and posted on the Website in accordance with the Contest Rules. Winners will be determined based on the number of votes their pictures receive.
9. There is a limit of one prize per person. In addition, a winning contestant during the 2012 calendar year will not be eligible to enter any additional Ottawa’s BEAR Babe contests held on The Bear’s website for a period of twelve (12) months from the time the winner is announced. Any potential winner selected in the Contest who does not comply with this condition will automatically be disqualified and the runner-up will be selected and declared a winner. Valid photo ID will be required when claiming the prize.
10. The odds of a participant’s entry being randomly selected depend upon the number of entries received in accordance with section 3 above.
HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE
11. In order to be declared a winner, each selected potential winner must be in compliance with these Contest Rules and in particular, the following:
a) The Contest Organizers must be able to reach the potential winner within five (5) days of the end of the Voting Period;
b) Answer correctly, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by the Contest Organizers at a mutually convenient time;
c) Sign a publicity release and liability waiver form (hereinafter: the “Release Form”) sent by the Contest Organizers and return it to them within fifteen (15) days of receipt.
12. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. In the event the potential or declared winner fails to comply with any one of the conditions set out above or any other conditions set out in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and the runner-up will be selected and declared a winner without affecting the order in which other prizes are awarded.
13. Within fifteen (15) days following the moment the contestant is declared a winner the Contest Organizers will inform all winners on how to take possession of their prize. In the event the winner fails to collect his or her prize in accordance with the instructions set out in this paragraph, the winner will forfeit the right to collect the prize, and the Contest Organizers reserve the right to withdraw the prize entirely, with no further obligation to award such prize in any additional draws.
14. Verification. Entry Forms are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any Entry Form which is incomplete, incomprehensible, inaudible, illegible, fraudulent, mutilated, altered, contains false information, is not received within the Contest Period, does not include a photograph, includes a photograph that does not comply with the criteria set out herein, or otherwise does not confirm to these Contest Rules will automatically be rendered invalid and will not entitle such entrant to be eligible for a prize.
15. Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any person or cancel one or more entries of any person participating in this Contest or trying to participate by means contrary to these Contest Rules or in a manner which is unfair to other entrants. Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these Contest Rules, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws and the Contest Organizers reserve the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future contests. Such person may be referred to the appropriate judicial authorities.
16. Non compliance/eligibility. If a potential or declared winner is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and randomly select further entrants from the remaining eligible entries until a winner is finally declared. Any potential or declared winner, who is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, must so inform the Contest Organizers immediately upon being contacted by the Contest Organizers.
17. Acceptance of prize. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in full or in part for cash, subject to the section below.
18. Substitution of prize. In the event it is impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizers to award a prize (or part of a prize) as described in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to award a prize (or part of a prize) of similar nature and equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the value of the prize (or of the part of the prize) in cash.
19. Refusal of a prize. The refusal by a potential or declared winner to accept any prize awarded in accordance with the Contest Rules, releases and forever discharges the Contest Organizers and their agents of all obligations related to the prize, including delivery.
20. Liability limit – use of prize. Each entrant and any potential or declared winner releases the Contest Organizers, their subsidiaries, respective divisions, their parent corporations, their advertising and promotional agencies, their shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (hereinafter: the “Beneficiaries”) from any and all liability for any and all damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from the entrant’s participation in the Contest or the acceptance or use of his/her prize. In order to be declared a winner and prior to obtaining his/her prize, any potential or declared winner agrees to sign a declaration to such effect in the Release Form. The guest of the grand prize winner will also have to sign such a declaration to that effect in the Release Form, failing which they will not be able to take part in the vacation.
22. Liability of prize supplier. Any person selected for a grand prize or a secondary prize acknowledges that upon receipt of a letter confirming the prize, all services to be rendered in connection with their prize become the sole responsibility of the prize supplier. A declaration to such effect will be included in the Release Form.
23. Liability limit – running of the contest. The Beneficiaries are not liable for faulty computer components, software, or links; the loss or non-existence of communications capability; or faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible, or erased computer or network transmissions that make it difficult, or render a user unable, to enter the contest; problems with any website or website feature howsoever caused, the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone or network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; or the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” The Beneficiaries are not liable for any harm contestants may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of downloading any Web page or software or transmitting any information related to entry in the Contest.] Further, the Beneficiaries assume no responsibility for entries lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected.
24. Web site access. The Beneficiaries do not guarantee access to or non-interruption of the Web site during the Contest Period or that it will be exempt from any errors.
25. Modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest, in whole or in part, in the case of the occurrence of an event, an error or any human intervention that could corrupt or affect the administration, safety, impartiality or the running of the Contest as provided in these Contest Rules (subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required).
27. Limit of prizes. In no event shall the Beneficiaries be obligated to award more prizes than set out in these Contest Rules or to award prizes otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
28. Impossibility to act – labour dispute. The Beneficiaries shall not be responsible for any damages for a failure to operate the Contest in accordance with these Contest Rules in any case where their incapacity to act results from circumstances or a situation beyond their reasonable control or because of a strike, lock-out or any other labour dispute in their company or those of businesses which services are used for holding this Contest, war, riot, insurrection, earthquake, terrorism, civil commotion, fire, flood, accident, storm or any other act of nature.
29. Liability limit – participation. Any person who participates or tries to participate in this Contest releases the Beneficiaries from any and all liability for damages which he/she could suffer from participating or trying to participate in this Contest.
30. Authorization. By entering this Contest, Contest participants authorize the Contest Organizers to use the pictures submitted in accordance with the Contest Rules for the purposes of promoting the Contest or other similar contests. The declared winners further consent that the Contest Organizers and their representatives may use, at their sole discretion and if required, their name, photograph, likeness, testimonial related to the prize, place of residence and/or voice without compensation whatsoever and that, without limit as for the period of use, in any media and on a worldwide scale, for publicity purposes or for any purpose that may be considered relevant. A declaration to such effect will be included in the Release Form.
31. List of winners. The names of the winner will be available at The BEAR Den Studios, 1504 Merivale Road, Ottawa, ON K2E 6Z5.
33. Communication with entrants. No communication (other than while registering) or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants in the context of this Contest with the exception of selected entrants or declared winner.
34. Personal information. Contestant personal information that is collected in this Contest will be used solely by the Contest Organizers, partners, and their representatives for the administration of the Contest. There will be no communication of commercial or of any other nature, unrelated to this Contest sent to an entrant, unless such entrant gives specific authorization to the Contest Organizers for that specific purpose.
35. Decisions of the Contest Organizers. All decisions of the Contest Organizers or those of their representatives regarding this Contest are final and binding (subject to any decision by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec in relation to matters under its jurisdiction).
36. Disputes. For Quebec residents, disputes regarding the organization or conduct of a promotional contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Disputes over the awarding of a prize may also be submitted to the Régie, but only for the purposes of helping the parties reach a settlement.
36. Identification of the contestant. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, the entrant is the person whose personal information is entered on the Entry Form. If selected and declared a winner, it is to this person that the mathematical skill-testing question will be asked and the prize awarded.
37. Unenforceability. If a section of these Contest Rules is declared or ruled by a Court of Law as illegal, unenforceable or void, that section will be deemed void but all other sections not affected will be enforced as allowed by Law.
38. Jurisdiction. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.